PeaceTech Inc. is a Philippine-based NGO whose mission is: “to promote Information Communications Technology for building understanding between groups of young people.”
We are looking for highly organized, efficient and self-motivated individuals who want to start their career in social development. The nature of our organization is fast moving and dynamic so you will need to be flexible and able to effectively deal with changes in organization needs as they arise.
We are a start-up organization composed of small and results-driven team, so someone who is passionate and likes to work hard but have fun at the same time will fit right in!
Job title : Admin & Finance Assistant
Responsible to : Admin & Finance Officer, Country Manager
Contract Period : June 1, 2012 – January 15, 2013 with possibility of extension
Terms : Full time
- Assists in managing the office operations for PeaceTech Inc.
- Assists in overseeing and implementing administrative operations
- Assists in coordinating events and provides logistics
- Assists in maintaining the website
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Financial Matters
- Reviews and process cash advances of PTI staff
- Prepares and deposits checks
- Reviews bills and prepare payment
- Review liquidations submitted by PTI staff and process reimbursement
- Maintain files of all accounting documents (vouchers, invoices, etc)
· Assists in the purchase and maintains inventory of furniture, supplies and equipment.
- Oversees office and equipment maintenance.
3. Human Resources
- Monitor staff leave and TOIL
4. Events Coordinator
- Assists in the following:
o Scheduling of Events
o Venue Reservation and Price Negotiation
o Event Marketing, invitations and follow up with schools, universities, NGO’s, government and the private sector regarding attendance
o Logistics for program participants, guests, and staff including the following:
o Food Catering
5. Website management
- Assists the Communications Officer
Ø Basic Website Management, including Website updating
Ø Supervises on-line forums, when necessary
Job title : Field Officer (1 Metro Manila, and 1 Marawi City)
Reports to : Programs Manager and Education Head
Contract Period : June 1, 2012 – January 15, 2013
Terms : Full time
PeaceTech Inc. is a Philippine-based NGO whose mission is to build understanding between groups of young people through technology.
We need a responsible and committed individual who will plan, implement, monitor and evaluate PeaceTech’s Classroom Videoconference and Teacher Training Programs. The Field Officer will also manage our school-based Peace Club activities, which include community reporting by youth reporters.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Coordinates Classroom Videoconferences, Teacher Trainings and Teacher Feedback sessions in his/her city with support from our Program Manager;
· Leads in organizing and facilitating teacher trainings, teacher feedbacks and Classroom Videoconferences in his or her city;
· Provides technical assistance if needed at all activities, including videoconferences, as well as technical assistance when needed in the office;
· Is responsible for school-based peace clubs in his/her city. Responsibilities include the following:
1) Coordinates Peace Club activities;
2) Manages youth volunteers in his/her city for Peace Club mentoring and community reporting;
3) Oversees community videos made by Peace Clubs;
4) Organizes orientation programs/ day workshops in high schools before each CVC cycle begins;
· Cultivates relationships between PeaceTech and all partner organizations, including the Department of Education, subject to the authorization of the Programs Manager;
· Helps organize for and implement mass videoconferences;
· Monitors and evaluates using PeaceTech Inc.’s Monitoring & Evaluation System and reports on a continual basis and before funder deadlines as required by the Programs Manager;
· Reports all financial expenditures and concerns to the Administration Officer on a weekly basis;
· Makes weekly targets and reviews performance on a regular basis with the Programs Manager; and
·Supports the Communications Officer on activities related to the Classroom Videoconference Program.
1. Punctual; organized; takes initiative; and committed to PeaceTech’s mission
2. Team player; receptive of direction; and shows willingness to learn.
3. Flexible with schedules and willing to make schedule changes when necessary.
4. Results oriented with proven organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
5. Ability to work effectively under pressure, meets deadlines, and manages multiple tasks with minimum supervision.
6. Enjoys mentoring and teaching young people.
7. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
8. Background in Education and other related courses.
9. Background in Values or Peace Education and Project Management is a plus.
10. Proven ability to facilitate training sessions for young adults.
11. Ability to work in multi-cultural setting and to be sensitive to ethnic, gender and religious diversity.
12. Computer Literate (Microsoft Word; Excel; and PowerPoint).
13. Ability to speak local language for Marawi based applicants.
14. Basic knowledge in trouble shooting for CVC-related equipment (Laptop, LCD projector, Skype) and software.
Interested applicants can send their application letter stating their relevant experience for this position, along with their resume and three character references before May 1, 2012.
Please send to: Ms. Dolly Domingo, Administrative and Finance officer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.